The Portsea Hotel is preparing for its next phase of growth and we require a driven and suitably experienced Sales and Events Manager to lead a dynamic and busy weddings, functions and events calendar within our iconic venue.
With further renovations and improvements taking place, the venue is well positioned for the busy 2019 and 2020 spring/summer seasons and beyond. If you have a passion for hospitality in general, possess relevant experience within the events sector and pride yourself on a professional approach then we’d love to hear from you.
This is a full time, salaried position with significant opportunities for growth and development within the senior leadership team of the venue and is supported by a Weddings and Functions co-ordinator.
The successful candidate will;
• Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Have incredible work ethic and positivity.
• Be exceptionally well organised.
• Work productively within a team environment and also autonomously.
• Have the ability to lead with clarity and from the front.
• Possess excellent ability with a suite of computer systems and software applications; Ivvy, ResDiary, H&L POS (or similar) and the current Microsoft suite of operating systems.
• Have exceptional personal presentation.
Additionally, any experience from within the corporate sales and events sector area would be an advantage.
In return the successful candidate will receive;
• Competitive salary with the opportunity for KPI based bonuses.
• An air conditioned private office.
• Tools of the trade; laptop and phone expenses.
• The opportunity to lead an important department within the venue and set its overall direction.
• A senior, decision making position within a growing, positive and productive culture.
If all of the above sounds like you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Direct all enquiry to email@example.com
All enquiries will be handled confidentially.