Portsea Hotel is a national award winning venue on the Mornington Peninsula. Recently reopened following an extensive renovation, we are located on Portsea front beach we offer a picturesque seaside location. We pride ourselves on offering each client the care and individual attention they require, and have forged a reputation as a premium destination venue. We offer multiple private event spaces within the hotel as well as boutique accommodation for guests.
Responsible for the sale of weddings, corporate events and conferences you will be experienced in all facets of sales to the highest level, with a proven record of business development. A firm understanding of Hospitality operations is a must.
The successful applicant will be responsible for-
- Sales of all wedding, corporate and conference events
- Administration from enquires, confirmation of event to post event follow up
- Identifying key sales opportunities and action
- Develop and maintain key client relationships
- Target marketing and sales strategy development
- Event logistics, staff coordination and planning
- Attendance at all key expos within Melbourne
- Establish and maintain relationships with key industry bodies and associations
- Coordination with the chefs regarding event requirements
- All post event communications and financial reporting
This is a full time, salaried position involving some evening and weekend work. This position will be based at the venue however may require travel to Melbourne for expos and client meetings.
Successful applicants will show strength in the following areas;
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Outstanding time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Thrive under pressure
- Immaculate personal presentation
- Creative flair and style
- A genuine care for our guests and pride in your work
- Commitment to provide outstanding service
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team
Candidates with two or more years’ experience in a similar role will be viewed favourably. Given the nature of this role, the ability to work weekends and be flexible with your roster are essential.
To be successful in this role you will require the ability to think quickly on your feet, develop a rapport with guests easily and be highly efficient with an exceptional eye for detail.
This is a rare and valuable opportunity to join a multi award winning venue with a proven record of exceptional wedding and event execution.
Please send a detailed CV including a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Felicity.Muller@Portseahotel.com.au. Only successful applicants will be contacted.