The Penny Black is a dynamic live music venue located in the heart of Brunswick. The venue is well-known throughout Melbourne for its grass roots culture and relaxed vibe.
We are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Manager to join our team. To be successful in this role, you must be an experienced manager with a strong focus on late night venues. You will display flexibility and have a good understanding of how to manage a successful business.
As part of this role you will be responsible for;
• The efficient day to day running of the venue
• Driving the customer service experience from the bar
• Adherence & reporting to compliance and legislative matters
• Staff training & management
• Inventory control and monitoring all stock movement
• Security management
And Exhibit the following attributes;
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong business skills and ability to think outside the square
• Proven customer service record in a fast paced, late night venue
To fulfil the role, the successful candidate will also have;
• Responsible service of alcohol certificate
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Sound knowledge of computer systems (H&L) and financial reporting
• Stocktaking and ordering experience
• The ability to coordinate and manage a security team
This is a great opportunity to expand on your knowledge and passion within the hospitality sector. This role can be a real career changer for the right candidate. You will be joining a leading hospitality group that provides great opportunities to grow your hospitality career.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role to email@example.com. All applications must include 2 references.